Friday, May 25, 2018

Todays pictures May 24 2018


I lost these I thought they all died.  Debbie gave these to me several years ago at Easter,  they have never bloomed since on Easter, of course.  When they started to bloom I found them.  I was busy with something else and Carrel dug these up.  They were in the turn in the walk and he always managed to break one down.  Of course, Would you watch what you are knocking down.  He would sweetly say I will I just did not see  it.  Well I understand you only planted it three years  ago.  Now they are not in the Master's way.  Bless his heart.







These are part of my Mother's day gift from Charlotte   Sun Patiens.  When you give a gardener a living gift for her garden it just keeps giving year after year.  My children and Grand Children have given many flowers.  I thank them every time I see the beautiful blooms.


These  Stokes Asters have grown in this spot since 2007.  The spring before I married Carrel, so I planted these.  These are also flowers I think should be in every garden.  They multiply by root and seed I started with one plant.  I like to buy three plants  to buy  but they had  only two.  Charlotte
bought one, her plant  died.

There are many pants here, they multiply close to the Mother plant.  I planted some in an other but decided to move them back to this bed. All my beds have many plants in them.  I like every flower, However I do not have enough room.  I wanted just flower beds, no grass however Carrel over ruled this idea.  I am glad he did the Bermuda grass is awful here.  What I wanted was paths thru my yard and flowers every where like they have in England gardens, however that is not practical.  

 Sombrero  Flamenco orange 

 I ordered three but only found one they sent them at different times.  The others may not be blooming yet.  I have not lost any that I know of, they are very hardy.  I hope I find these.  They multiply fast and this last spring 3/272017, there is already four around it.  They multiply close to the plant.



Raspberry  Truffle 


 This is the darkest pink I have seen and the leaves are dark also. his came from Jackson & Perkins Parks seeds owns them now.


Raspberry Truffle
I  still have the same three plants I bought, however I have found one that does multiply.  I like for flowers to multiply just not take over and some do.  I get rid of that kind. Hummingbirds like this.


I have had this Balloon Plant a long time, I am thinking that Carrel built this bed in 2008 this is one of the first plants I planted.  I only one I do not remember why.  You should buy three.  This bed is sort of a trash bed, I put everything in it.


Carrel really likes this one, so do I .  It is deferent, multiplies but not too fast.   I planted this one in spring of 2017.
I am not going to throw all of these away however they will not be in this bed.  These are Gold Strum and they take over. I have never seen a butterfly on these.  It is suppose to be a good flower for them.  I know I have not shown you my lilies yet they are a different blog.  
I thank for watching our garden grow and bloom hope you have grown one of your own Happy gardening from Carrel, Juanita.

                                                                         

1 comment:

  1. Hi Juanita! Greetings from Washington state!
    You have many interesting plants in your garden, and May brought lots of blooms!
    I have white Balloon flower in my garden. After several years, it started to self-seed as crazy. Now, I have dozens of plants. I moved some of them to other parts of my garden, planted some of them in containers, gave away dozens, and I still have a lot! Hopefully, your blue Balloon flower will self-seed too!
    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! Happy Gardening and Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete