Saturday, May 5, 2018

Exciting News



This morning Carrel  went to town to Walmart and the library, he had read all his books.  I took my camera out to see what was blooming today.  Here are the pictures I took.  This is Candy Cane.   I don't know how long I have had the lily however is one of my oldest.

5x4ft bed
 This flower bed has a collection  of flowers  Lilies,  Day Lilies, Gladiolas,  and last fall Carrell planted a  Cone Flower on the very end.  I wondered how it got there he said I told him to plant wherever  there  was a hole,  OK.


  I bought this lily in 2007 for myself  for Mothers' Day.  I bought one and now I have 6.  These do not multiply as fast the tall orange ones do.  These are older than the orange one.


                                                       
My Gerber Daises  are doing great.

Look at all the buds on my Shasta Daises  I do not consider a flower garden complete with out a Shasta Daisy.  They multiply well so buy only one.  I bought this one in Tyler Texas.  We went to see Johnny and he drove me all over to fine this one.  

   Some of the buds have opened.  I wish they bloomed all summer if you keep them cut they last a while longer.  Like all other perennials  they have a season to show their stuff.   When they do they  out shine almost everything.  They are like white blouses in your wardrobe you need white but one or two are enough.  
                                                                           

 This is Butterfly Weed the flower I told you to get for your garden to help the Monarch Butterfly.  Now for my surprise!!!!!!!!
A Monarch Butterfly Caterpillar.  This was my last picture.  I walked all around my garden taking pictures.  As I walked up to this one I saw a bloom cut off and just hanging.  Then I saw little back poo and I got so excited.  I knew what I would find. SEE IT!!!!  I have never seen one in my yard.  So plant  Butterfly Weed.  You can plant it in pot if  you do no have a garden.  If I see any thing else I will show it.  I do not know how long I have planted Butterfly Weed.  I was so excited.                                    I want to thank you for watching my garden grow and bloom now  we know I have had a Monarch Butterfly in my yard and she laid her eggs.  I hope you will grow your own garden also don't forget to plant a Butterfly Weed. Happy gardening to you from Carrel and I.  Juanita                                          
                       





                























                                                                       

               
                                                                         



                       





4 comments:

  1. So exciting to find that caterpillar. I'm still waiting to see one in my garden. I have milkweed ready for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have lost so many. I wonder if people know what it means to our Nation To lose the pollen carrying insect population We could very easily starve.

      Delete
  2. A monarch caterpillar for you!~ You are definitely doing gardening right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying. When I lost my roses I decided to donate my yard to Butterflies, Hummingbirds, and bees. They are all down in population. They all need help. Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete