Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Lillies


I do not care what they are  called Asiatic or Day lily I love them.   You will find I love most flowers and all colors.  However I like pink and yellow best.  To me the combination is lovely.


These will last at least for a month, maybe more.  Some will rebloom.


                                                                   

 I like the three colors, we are not suppose to wear over three color.  Do you suppose we came by this notion from the best dressed of all.  The flowers of the field, dressed by the Master.  I feel closest to the Lord in my garden.

                                                                         

This is the closest to red I have seen in a Day lily.

 
 I like a white in every flower that I can find.  It is like a white blouse for you wardrobe you need one in each style,  White shows up and leads the eye to it so you look at the whole garden if you
have more than one.  They say to pick a bright color and plant it in each bed so the eye travels from one bed to the other.  I was using the  Gold Strum or Black Eyed Susan  but I have changed my mind about them.  That will be another blog.

                                                                       

When I walk out my door My eye goes straight to my Yellow Asiatic Lily. 

                                                                               
I have several yellow Day Lilies around my walk They are bright your eyes can not help but go from one to the other.  You could get dizzy. 


This is a quiet combination I love pink team with this darker color.

                                                                       

We have had this lily a long time.  We have divided it and have it in several beds Lollipop.  When you buy an Asiatic Lily they come 3 to the pack. They multiply fairly fast.
 
                                                                           

                                                                      


I buy all the Asiatic Lilies I can find every year.  All of them are not as productive as the Lollipop or my Orange lily.  I do not know why but some do not live long.  I hope this one does.

 
This is not all my Lilies I do not have them all together and I do not like  too long a blog.  I feel you get tired  of looking at the same one. 

I want to thank you for watching my garden grow and bloom and hope you have one of your own. Until the next time I will say "Happy gardening from Carrel and I"  See you later Juanita.

.


   
                                                                       

              

No comments:

Post a Comment