Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring's Coming





The purple Hyacinths are all blooming but one.  I left it laying on the ground and we dug a hole and planted it, after it had started to bud.  It is out out the ground now and has a bud but it will be a while before it blooms.

Look close and you can see a busy bee.  I saw a butterfly on these the other day.  Butterflies fly too quickly sometimes and I could not get my camera snapping soon enough.  They look blue here but they are very purple.















More of my Daffodils are blooming. 











        This one has white petals and an orange cup.  My Mother use to call them cups and saucers.
                                                         

                                                                  










  

This Camilla's name is The Governor, just beauty not lies like the humans.   









                                                                        I have two of these.  I do want to get some that bloom earlier than these.  I have one Camilla  That has already bloomed out and one that is almost finished.  I don't need any more that blooms this time of the year.  My Azaleas have buds on them and should open in about a week.
I do have something blooming every month now. I am going to plant more Azaleas and Camillas  on the East side of my house.



A close up of the Governor.







                                                                               

  


A new bloom on my favorite bush.
















We had company the past few days.  Carrels son Johnnie, his wife Janelle and two kids and two dogs. This is Bella. We really enjoyed all. They have a boy Emerson and a girl Jessica.  A boy dog and Bella.








We have no buds so far on our roses.  Carrel was late trimming them and has not fertilized yet.  March is the month to fertilize.  Hope you have enjoyed this page of my blog.  Thank you for watching my garden grow and bloom, hope you will grow one of your own.  Happy gardening to you from Carrel and I, Juanita.

We have a new Great Grand Daughter born today.  Tried to get a picture from  face book but they have changed the way to send them to my pictures so I was not successful. 









4 comments:

  1. You certainly have spring blooms. Nice that you had so many good visitors. Bella's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I always enjoy your comments. Most people do not comment.
    I do not know whether I do a good job or not. I have succeeded in having blooms 12 months a year, this I have been wooking on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too like your favorite flower. My Hyacinths have come and gone. Bella seems like a girl name to me. I went to the nursery today and bought 2 hydrangeas, called Henny Penny and one nice looking Gold Medal rose bush. The man working at the nursery said that Henny Penny was tested at LSU and is on the list of best plants for Louisiana. So I have high hopes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bella is a girl dog. I could not find my pictures of the boy dog nor the any of the kids. My red ones have not bloomed yet. Is Henny Penny blue? I love my Gold Metal.

    ReplyDelete