Saturday, April 20, 2013

On the Road Again






We are headed to Shreveport, La., I go there every spring to buy flowers.  There are three or four nurseries I always visit.  I found what I went after at Garrison's Nurseries, Mystic Blue Spires, Salvia.  However they only had seven, these only planted one side of my bed.

I found these beautiful Iris in Charlotte's yard.  Most of you readers are aware that Charlotte is my daughter.  This Iris is really a pretty purple and white.

Charlotte and I both plant Iris in our flower beds along with our roses and other flower pants.  My Mother, also a flower lover, planted everything together.  Charlotte,s beds drain better than mine.  She still has most of what she bought, a lot of mine died.  Iris can not take a lot of water.  I walked around Charlotte,s yard and took lots of pictures.

  Charlotte Ann likes a lot of pots sitting around in her yard.  They really look wonderful, however she has someone other than her husband, Don, taking care of her mowing.  I can not inconvenience Carrel like this.  I put mine in a flower bed or where grass does not grow, not suppose to anyway.  However Mother Naqture and I do not agree on that.

 Charlotte has lots of color close to her house, Pansies, Tulips,and Gerber Daisies.


 These Gerber daisies were in a pot, that looks like a log, along with creeping Jenny.

   Charlotte is looking at the goats.  I did not take a picture of the twin goats so I will have to steal one.  This is a Snowball tree  Charlotte and I bought one at the same time. My tree was  was left behind in Jonesboro, La. 
                        
This is the bloom from the  Snowball tree.

This is Charlotte's Cherry Tree.  I can see why people travel a long ways to see the cherry blossoms in Washington, D.C..  Wish I was wealthy enough to make the trip.  It would be worth it.  I would have to go by myself Carrel is not big on traveling.
Cherry blooms, the tree was almost through blooming.
This hen looks like one from outer space.  She will not lay her eggs in a nest, where ever this thing walks, she just drops an egg.  Charlotte took her to a school so the Kindergartener class could see them.  While Charlotte was handing this bird to a little child,  the  hen dropped an egg. Of course it  broke on.  The children in that class can tell you where eggs come from.










   These  are the cutest baby ducks.  Mama is white Daddy is black and white.  All the babies are going to be black and white.  Mama and Daddy get upset if you mess with babies.







This is the bed on the right side of the drive as you drive into Charlotte yard.  I did not take pictures of the very back flower bed, we had company come up, so I took pictures of the flowers of my family.
I have never seen anyone raise a flower in concrete, but Charlotte can.  Oh my goodness this is Rose and what a rose.
This tree Charlotte bought is Fa., I was with her.  Don has to cover it up every winter because it can not take the cold up there.  They have Christmas lights  wrapped around it to keep it warm.
These two little flowers belong to Matt and Tafta Rogers.  I was with her when the older one, Audry, was born.  The blond curly head is Ava.  These two are so sweet and I think both are beautiful.
Rose and the hen joined in the picture.
Now Cowboy Connor joins us.  The rock where they are standing, Charlotte dug up the dirt and placed those rocks to make a small patio.  That was a lot of work.








These two lovely flowers,  two Granddaughters on the left is Bridget, my first Grandchild, on the right is Tafta,  Bridget is the Mother of Rose and Conner.  Bridget is Charlotte,s Daughter and Tafter is Debbie's only Daughter.
This is Matt and Tafta Rogers, they will be having a boy in June.  They are the parents of the lovely little girls, Audry and Ava.
















This is new for me to write about another garden besides mine,  however I will be giving up dates when I go to Shreveport,La.  I hope you have enjoyed this blog page  about Charlotte,s garden and hope it will inspire you to grow one of your own.  Charlotte does not have a Carrel to do the heavy work for her.  She tillers and lifts the heavy dirt all by herself.  I am well please with her.   Happy gardening  to you from Charlotte, Carrel and I, Juanita.

2 comments:

  1. That was your best ever post. Well one of them. You got some great pictures of the animals and people. Love the one with the chicken coming up to the girls. Thanks for including my garden in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. I am looking forward to visiting you when the new garden is in bloom. I thank you for reading my post. Writing sure has helped me learn to spell. When the computer shows me a misspelled word I try to correct it on my own. I always enjoy visiting all the nurseries with you and Bridget. Little Rose is really growing up, that is so sad. Time flies.

    ReplyDelete