Monday, November 5, 2012

Faces of Pansies

I have not blogged lately, sorry, it was so dry and  hot.  Things just did not go well in late summer.  I am making a change in my yard I hope for the better. We will see.  Instead of planting pansies in a flower bed I have used my new pots.  My hair dresser made these plant stands, of course she calls them bird baths.  I do not always do things like everyone else. I turned them up side down, to make plant stands. They work beautifully.  Evon Jones, my hair dresser, in McGhee Ar. in her spare time  makes things out of gourds and makes these birds baths, or pot plant holders.  I love pansies however they do not make as big show as they do in pots.  These white pots I am using, were in Carrel's back yard. I  washed them and planted plants.  Saved money by recycling from his house to mine.
Pansies and Dusty Miller




       

 I have always loved the different faces of pansies.
Sweet face












I think this one is the prettiest.  Such a sweet face it also is one that drapes down, so it will flow over the pot.








  

This one is my favorite one that I bought.  Very small it also drapes.   I could not afford to make a full pot of these or I would have.
Humming birds likes them also.   Just teasing.  My daughter Debbie knows I love humming birds so she gave me the pot pick.







This plant holder is inside  my flower bed.  I planted flowers in the middle of my roses the bulbs were fine, however  some of the plants were not.  They may not have gotten enough sun, could have been to much water, whatever.  Next year I will buy pots and holders to place there.  I  may just plant annuals  in the pots.












This hanging is just outside our reading room window so I can see something pretty.















This is the center pot in the picture at the top of this page.  I have the cute little blue ones that I said was my favorite.














I almost forgot to tell you about this.  Carrel let down his truck tail gate so I could fill my pots then he carted them to their places.  Saves  my back.  









I hope you have enjoyed this blog page about the faces of pansies.  Thank you for watching my garden grow and bloom.  Hope you are growing one of your own.  Happy gardening to you from Carrel and I,  Juanita.


3 comments:

  1. A mobile potting bench! Love the truck tail gate idea. Your pansies are very pretty. I understand about the too hot and dry part and not wanting to blog about the garden.
    You made up some lovely containers. Those bird bath/plant stands are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lot of plants to die. That is very disheartening Thanks for reading my blog and the comment.

      Delete
  2. This is AN UPDATE on about this blog page these pansies are still beautiful. I will not plant pansies in the ground any more but fill pots to running over.

    ReplyDelete