Friday, March 3, 2017

New Order from Way Side Gardens


 I ordered today these flowers for my new butterfly garden.  This is the Cherry Popes Sugars Buzz Monarda(Bee Balm)  Sounds nice, doesn't.  They will ship in about two weeks.  I have had the Monarda in red and purple.  The bees and butterflies love the flower.


 The   Dreaming Swan Windflower looks different from most flowers and they say butterflies love them. I downloaded this picture looks a little blurred.
                                                                                     

Diana Clara Lungwort is another plant I have never planted. Hope it does well and hope they multiply well. 
Polemonium Caeruleum Bressingham Purple  this is another new one for me.  Something must have happened to me when I fell,  I am really getting brave ordering flowers I have never heard of before.  Each one looked so pretty.

At least I know this is a good flower for here.  Sombrero Coneflower. These are shorter than the others,  maybe I will not have to stick these.

This one is a Lenten Rose blooms in late winter - early spring.  I ordered it in the fall,  but it is not doing well.  I talked with a person on Way Side Gardens and was told to mix one fourth cup of Epsom Salt to one gallon of water and pour on the plant.  I read on Goggle the same thing or lime, these flowers do not like acid soil.  I order 3 more.  I do hope I can get them started. 

 Winter Helleborus this is in the same family however it is called Winter Jewel.   This one is doing beautifully,  however I did put some Epsom Salt on this also. I ordered three of these also.  I have a shade bed that I plant annual every year.   This year I will plant nothing but perennials.
I thank you for watching my garden grow and bloom.  And  hopeyou will grow one of your own.  Happy gardening to you from Carrel and I,  Juanita.








No comments:

Post a Comment